Blessed Michael, A Disc Jockey, has been sentenced to prison.
The man is to spend six months in prison for cloning the Facebook accounts of former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai (retd) and Mariya Dangote, daughter of industrialist, Aliko Dangote, and using the false identities to solicit money from unsuspecting victims under various guise.
According to the EFCC, the convict who was prosecuted before Justice Mohammed Tukur of the Kaduna State High Court, Kaduna on a one-count amended charge bordering on cheating by impersonation, employed the cloned Facebook account of the retired army chief in soliciting from persons seeking enlistment into the army.
In the same vein, he left a telephone number in the cloned Facebook account of Dangote’s daughter, which he invited prospective victims to call, to claim a certain amount of money,
Victims of the scam alerted the Commission, leading to the arrest of the fraudster by operatives of the Kaduna Zonal Office of the EFCC.
- Tee-Black – IRE ft Phemmo Lee
- Shaw Claims Referee Attwell Told Maguire That Hudson-Odoi’s Handball Against Man Utd ‘Was A Penalty’
- Naira Devaluation Increases Nigeria’s Debt Profile ― Alaje
- Kebbi University Closes Indefinitely As Student’s Death Sparks Outrage
- Don Escapes Death After Failed Kidnap Attempt In Calabar