Governors of the 36 states of the federation on the aegis of the Nigeria Governors Forum have arrived at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, for a crucial meeting over the worsening security situation in the country.
The meeting chaired by the NGF Chairman and Governor of Ekiti State , Kayode Fayemi, was scheduled for 8: 00 pm.
A statement announcing the meeting was earlier issued by the Head, Media, and Public Affairs, Abdulrazaque Bello -Barkindo , said the meeting , which will be the first physical meeting since the coronavirus pandemic started in Nigeria in February 2020, has only one item on the agenda – security .
Only last week , some members of the NGF, including Kebbi State Governor, Atiku Bagudu, his Kano State counterpart , Abdullahi Ganduje, Bello Matawalle of Zamfara and Abubakar Sanni of Niger State met with the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde and paid a visit to Shasha Market in Ibadan , to assess the destruction of lives and property following an ethnic clash between Yoruba and Hausa communities .
The Chairman of the Forum and Ekiti State Governor is expected to address the media at the end of tonight ’s meeting
- Tee-Black – IRE ft Phemmo Lee
- Shaw Claims Referee Attwell Told Maguire That Hudson-Odoi’s Handball Against Man Utd ‘Was A Penalty’
- Naira Devaluation Increases Nigeria’s Debt Profile ― Alaje
- Kebbi University Closes Indefinitely As Student’s Death Sparks Outrage
- Don Escapes Death After Failed Kidnap Attempt In Calabar