If you are among the many people who love to prepare crumpets for breakfast or dessert, then you indeed have a reason to smile.
The best crumpet recipe ensures you get fluffy and light crumpets. Here in South Africa, they are a go-to snack for most people at any time of the day and are popularly known as flapjacks or pancakes.
If you have been looking for a healthy snack, look no further. Pancakes are delicious when eaten while still fresh and warm. That is why we have prepared for you this crumpet recipe.
The ingredients are not difficult to find, and the recipe is easy to prepare and less time-consuming. Here is how to make them yourself at home.
What do I need to prepare flapjacks?
This easy crumpet recipe will guide you on how to prepare soft and light pancakes. The ingredients for the best crumpet recipe easy for anyone to make.
- 500 gm cake flour
- Two eggs
- Five tablespoon sugar
- 1½ tablespoon butter, melted
- Four teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250ml cream
- 250ml milk
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries and cherries
How do I make crumpets? Below are easy to follow directions on how to make flapjacks recipe. Beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
1. Beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
2. Add the milk, salt, and the melted butter to the egg mixture. Mix well.
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder, and add it to the egg mixture.
4. Gradually mix in to form a smooth batter.
5. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a heated greased nonstick pan.
6. Turn once the top is full of breaking air bubbles, and then cook on the other side until golden brown.
7. Serve the flapjacks with a dollop of honey and a generous handful of fresh berries or cherries.
How much time does the recipe take? This flapjacks recipe will require around 10 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes to cook.
The post Here’s the best crumpet recipe in South Africa you should know appeared first on .