According to a report by The PUNCH, the immediate past service chiefs have now arrived at the Senate for their screening as ambassadorial nominees.
The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, had on February 10, directed the Committee on Foreign Affairs to confirm General Abayomi Olonisakin (retd); Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai (retd); Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas (retd); Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar(retd); and Air Vice Marshal Muhammad S. Usman (Rtd) as non-career ambassadors-designate to the Committee on Foreign Affairs.
The service chiefs arrived at the Senate around 11am for the screening.
Members of the panel, led by Senator Mohammed Bulkachuwa, held a 15-minute closed-session before commencing the screening
- Tee-Black – IRE ft Phemmo Lee
- Shaw Claims Referee Attwell Told Maguire That Hudson-Odoi’s Handball Against Man Utd ‘Was A Penalty’
- Naira Devaluation Increases Nigeria’s Debt Profile ― Alaje
- Kebbi University Closes Indefinitely As Student’s Death Sparks Outrage
- Don Escapes Death After Failed Kidnap Attempt In Calabar