In what will come across as a really startling development, a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) has gone up in flames in Lagos.
The bus which was conveying 45 persons suddenly caught fire on Monday morning close to Anthony Bus Stop, Lagos, as passengers scampered for safety.
The Acting Zonal Coordinator, South West Zonal Office, National Emergency Management Agency, Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed the development in a statement issued in Lagos.
Farinloye said the bus was en route to TBS Terminal, Lagos Island, when the incident occurred around 11 am.
According to him, the bus involved in the incident was drafted to assist in conveying the passengers after the one which took off from Ikorodu terminal broke down.
He said all the passengers were rescued unhurt by officials of the emergency response agencies.
Agencies included NEMA, Police Disaster Management Unit as well as the Fire Service.
- Tee-Black – IRE ft Phemmo Lee
- Shaw Claims Referee Attwell Told Maguire That Hudson-Odoi’s Handball Against Man Utd ‘Was A Penalty’
- Naira Devaluation Increases Nigeria’s Debt Profile ― Alaje
- Kebbi University Closes Indefinitely As Student’s Death Sparks Outrage
- Don Escapes Death After Failed Kidnap Attempt In Calabar